AP CURRENCY REVALUATION
Your Accounts Payable personnel do more than just pay the bills. They are involved in building a relationship with your vendor by making sure all payments and contractual conditions are fulfilled. They also add to the bottom line when taking advantage of vendor discounts offered by paying invoices in a timely manner. Managing your suppliers needs while managing your cash flow requires a flexible and adaptable Accounts Payable system.
Accounts Payable (AP) provides the tools a utility requires to accurately track expenditures relating to vendors and when invoices are due for payment. Specifically designed for utility companies where the need to track cost centers (Sectors), Work Orders, and Projects is paramount. The utility benefits by seeing the immediate effect of payments owed to vendors. Vendor information can be tracked for current invoices and checks, and for an unlimited amount of history. The utility has instant access to vendor and invoice information.
Beside it also tracks vendor invoices, debit and credit memos, and writes checks in addition to recording manual checks, wire transfers, and voided checks. All of these functions are seamlessly integrated with General Ledger, Cash Manager, Purchase Orders, Work Orders, Project Costing, Transportation, and other subsidiary modules. Insight provides an extensive report library detailing Accounts Payable functions.
Manage your expenses efficiently and keep your accounts up to date with user-defined terms, aging periods, and cutoff dates. Produce timely reports to help assess your financial position. You’ll save time and money with the ability to review outstanding payments by vendor and select which payments to hold or release. Take control of your invoice processing and pay all invoices, prepay invoices, or split invoices for payment.
Improve your AP automation with quick entry and defaults on headers. They allow you to set up fields and header screens so you can skip over fields and enter default values as you choose. View historical data for an unlimited number of years in detail or in summary, and view and select payables to be released for payment.
Accounts Payable also Delivers:
- Flexible 10-alphanumeric vendor identification structures for meaningful information.
- Maintains complete vendor information, including e-mail address, remittance addresses, and purchase order address.
- Record and save an unlimited number of vendors and transactions.
- New vendors and General Ledger accounts can be added “on-the-fly” during transaction entry.
- Vendor grouping by class for meaningful reporting and check writing.
- Default Fund, Sector, General Ledger expense account, tax exempt can be defined on a vendor-by-vendor basis.
- Multi-fund support with automatic inter-fund entry generation when required.
- Ability to view vendor history and drill down to original invoice entry screen.
- All system-generated reports can be displayed to screen, sent to a laser printer, or exported to a variety of formats.
- Integrates with the Cash Manager module.
- Ability to void a check.
- Export Accounts Payable information to a variety of formats including Microsoft© Excel, comma-separated value, ASCII, Microsoft© Access, Microsoft© Word, and many others.
- Pull information from Purchase Order receipt into Accounts Payable voucher entry.
- Ability to record invoice for special equipment purchases and automatically update Plant Assets module.
- Automatic posting to General Ledger, Cash Manager, Work Orders, Project Costing, Transportation, and
- Plant Assets modules.
- Allow posting of invoices to current or future periods based on security rules.
- Import credit refund information from billing system to produce refund checks from Accounts Payable.
- Unlimited invoice detail and unlimited Accounts Payable history.
- Tracks vendor credits as open credits or as negative invoices.
- Ability to account for use tax.
- Voucher payment can be selected by all invoices, all invoices by vendor, selected invoices, vendor class, or invoices by due date.
- Preview checks prior to printing on check stock.
- Allows entry of handwritten (manual) checks and wire transfers.
- Tracks voided checks.
- Issues a check on demand.
- Delete and/or void and rerun entire or partial check run.
- Void process marks check and reinstates the invoice.
- Prints fully customizable checks in laser format.
- Optionally prints one check for each invoice per vendor.
- Option to pay invoices via ACH rather than a paper check.
Account Payable Features
- Enter invoices in base or foreign currency and switch between them at will.
- Print checks and reports in any installed language and currency.
- Set up recurring entries.
- Automatically reverse checks voided in history.
- Set up vendors with custom terms, pay-to addresses, general ledger accounts, and comments.
- Set up alternate vendors for use in ordering.
- Select payables for check processing.
- Post transactions for multiple years.
- Reprint prior posting logs.
- Print checks to a specified printer.
- Easily adapt functions to fit your business needs.
- Drill-down on balances for greater detail.
- Get the help you need using the comprehensive, customizable online help system.
- Print to file in PDF, rich text, and other formats or export to Excel, HTML, or XML format.
Reports available include:
- Vendor Aging
- Vendor Ledger
- Vendor Open Item Report
- Cash Requirements Report
- Check Register
- Outstanding Checks Report
- Check Reconciliation Report
- GL Activity By Account Number for AP Transactions Only
- Vendor Labels